Ethical Volunteering with Hair Aid
At Hair Aid, our ethos is not driven by profit margins or shareholder interests. We prioritise ethical, sustainable, and responsible volunteering initiatives. Our unwavering commitment ensures that all our programs are primarily geared towards fostering positive impacts on local communities and their environments.
Collaboration with Local Partners
To enhance the volunteering experience and create a meaningful impact, Hair Aid collaborates extensively with in-country local organisations.
Such partnerships catalyse local employment opportunities, encompassing roles for transport drivers, project coordinators, chefs, janitorial staff, private cab services, local independent stores, and regional eateries. These collaborations ensure that the local workforce benefits directly, with no job displacement due to the introduction of volunteers. Furthermore, our local partners possess an intrinsic understanding of where assistance is most critically required.
We consistently evaluate and refine our programs, maintain open lines of communication with our local teams, and value feedback from our volunteers.
Our on-ground coordinators play a pivotal role in facilitating translations, elucidating cultural nuances to volunteers, and offering guided tours of the locality. Your immersive experience and contribution to the community is our utmost priority.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE - HAIR AID INC.
Your access and use of www.hairaid.org.au are subject to the following terms and conditions and is an agreement between you (the individual) and Hair Aid Inc. “Hair Aid” , “us” , “we” , “our” refer to Hair Aid Inc.
When you submit an online application for a Hair Aid Inc. activity, project or service, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
By applying to volunteer with Hair Aid Inc. you would agree to the following terms:
Hair Aid Inc. does not arrange flights or make any travel arrangements to your project location. It is your own responsibility to arrange your own air fares and travel to the project location. Hair Aid Inc. provides advice and pre departure information to you, it is your responsibility to obtain all necessary travel documents, such as passports, immunisations, travel insurance, Doctor letter if carrying personal medicines, visa, work permits etc.
You are responsible for ensuring your travel documents are complete and up to date for your travel. Hair Aid Inc. cannot accept the responsibility if entry is denied to a country due to incorrect visa or travel documents.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all participants of Hair Aid Inc.. All participants need to buy full comprehensive medical insurance for their time of stay in our project. It is your sole responsibility to purchase your own travel insurance.
Please ask us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how to buy Insurance from Hair Aid Inc.’s travel agent partner. The Insurance is provided by a third party vendor and Hair Aid Inc. does not take any responsibility towards claims or disputes with the Insurance provider with the client.
No Refund would be provided for the payment made towards buying Medical/Travel Insurance from Hair Aid Inc.’s travel agent partner.
Hair Aid Inc. provides highly affordable projects and our application costs are amongst the lowest, as a result we do not provide a complete refund policy. Please read the details of application and project fee payments below.
Deposit is non refundable. The deposit amount of $500 covers administration charges and is not refundable.
You will find the complete project costs on each project page on the website. Hair Aid Inc. reserves the right to change the project fee anytime without any prior information. All project fee are due 30 days from your project start date, if you fail to make your project fee payment before this time Vo Hair Aid Inc. has the right to cancel your project attendance.
Cancelation of Project by You
Hair Aid Inc. needs to get cancelation requests at least 30 days before your project start date. Hair Aid Inc. incurs a lot of charges in order to provide suitable projects to the client.
Our cancellation policy for all projects is:
- If you cancel 60 days before your project start date – 70% refund of project fee (less $50 admin charges) – No Refund of Deposit
- If you cancel between 60 – 30 days before project start date – 50% refund of project fee (less $50 admin charges) – No Refund of Deposit
- If you cancel within 30 days of your project start date – No Refund of project fee – No Refund of Deposit
- Cancellation after project start date - No Refund of project fee – No Refund of Deposit
Cancellation of project by Hair Aid Inc
In case Hair Aid Inc. has to cancel your project due to certain operational reasons, Hair Aid Inc. will refund part of the remaining time period of the project fee calculated on a pro-rata basis excluding the deposit fee of $500 and 7% (seven percent) bank charges.
If your project is cancelled by Hair Aid Inc. due to any uncertain natural calamities (for example – earthquake, floods, typhoon, cyclone, tsunami etc.) or due to any Pandemic/Epidemic, your Project & Deposit would not be refunded under such circumstances. Under such scenario, Hair Aid Inc. would be offering to change the dates of the project without levying any date change fees or charges.
Payment of refunds
Hair Aid Inc. will refund the applicable refund amount to the client within 30 (thirty) days of confirmation of cancellation.
Hair Aid Inc. would not provide any compensation whatsoever for any of its projects.
Hair Aid Inc. reserves the right to add a 4% international banking fee, which is charged at the time of online payment.
Project Change by you
All project participants are allowed to make ONE change to their choice of project and dates applied for (at no extra charges) before their placement has been confirmed by Hair Aid Inc.. A charge of $100 is applicable for any subsequent change to the project from your side.
Use of Photos and Feedback
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you agree that Hair Aid Inc. can use your photos and written feedback while at the project to post on its website www.hairaid.org.au Hair Aid Inc. might use such material for marketing or promotion in form of brochure, emails or on its website. Hair Aid Inc. also uses photos and material from our partners and affiliations abroad and is not responsible for a claims arising towards that material / photos / content. This includes photos and videos posted on our Facebook page and other social media network sites.
The volunteer acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their agreement to travel to, temporarily live in and provide volunteer services in a developing country. Such travel and volunteer work can be often hazardous and involves a certain degree of risk, inherently dangerous activities and personal perils to the volunteer, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and solely assumed by the volunteer. Therefore, Hair Aid Inc. including any and all of its employees, managers, directors, shareholders, host families and host country partner organizations are not liable, to the maximum extent of the law, for any loss or harm the volunteer or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused by:
- Personal injury
- Civil Unrest
- Dangers associated with wild or other animals
- Religious Activities
- High Altitude
- Emotional injury
- Illness or disease
- War or Act of Terrorism
- Damage to or loss of property
- Accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies and facilities
- Adequacy of medical attention once provided
You accept and acknowledge and confirm that personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death can occur by natural causes or activities of persons or animals, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons.
By applying for our projects online your confirm that you have read and agree to our terms & you are waiving of any Liability that, amongst other things:
- Forever releases us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability;
- Forever signifies that you are waiving any claims against us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us, and expressly assuming all risks associated with participating in any of our projects.
Vaccinations and Health
We do not offer a list of suggested immunizations. Please contact your own doctor and follow their advice regarding immunisations and travel health tips based on such publicly available sources as the World Health Organisation. While the management team and project leaders have extensive knowledge of the areas you will visit, you understand that they are not medical professionals and have no medical expertise whatsoever. Hair Aid Inc. strongly recommends all our participants visit a medical professional before your trip; however, it is your sole responsibility to arrange and determine any required immunizations and medical procedures that you may need before, during and after your time in the field with us. It is your sole responsibility to arrange and administer any vaccinations/immunizations required to be taken for travel to the country of your project.
Furthermore, you accept and acknowledge that we have no responsibility regarding the adequacy of any medical care, medical equipment, medical supplies and or any evacuation plan that may be provided to you before, during or after your project. You are solely responsible for your own welfare, and you accept and acknowledge any and all risks of personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death that may occur as a result of you joining one of our projects.
‘Hair Aid Inc is an Agent to provide projects
You understand that ‘Hair Aid Inc is an agent acting on behalf of suppliers, hereinafter “Local Partners/Local Coordinators” You accept, understand and acknowledge that we organize, promote and offer projects that offer accommodation, transportation and other services provided by our Local Partners/Local Coordinators, which are independent and separate entities from Vol Hair Aid Inc, and over which we have no authority or oversight.
Some examples of Local Partners include but are not limited to hotels, restaurants, taxi drivers, tour guides and travel agencies, as well as the entities where you may volunteer in, for example local community centres, community residential reserves, including street and slum communities, clinics and hospitals, nonprofits, local travel companies, local coordinators offices, staff of other local hosting companies and schools, government buildings, parliament, and other government agencies.
By applying for our projects online your confirm that you have read and agree to our terms & you are waiving us of any Liability that, amongst other things forever releases us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability related to:
- Any of our Local Partners´ negligent or wilful acts, or failures to act including, without limitation, their partial or complete failure to deliver services to you; any personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage or death which arises out of any service provided to you by our Local Partners;
- Any error, misrepresentation or mistake, whether intentional or unintentional, made by any of our Local Partners/Local Coordinators, local staff members, travel companies etc.
Code of Conduct
You agree that you would abide by the rules and regulations set out by our partner organizations in the home country. If we or our in-country partners find your behavior unsatisfactory due to drugs, alcohol, stress, abuse or a medical condition. Your project would be terminated under the following conditions:
- If we find that you are engaged in any illegal activities or convicted of any criminal activities before or during the Project Period
- If it is believed that any of your action or behaviour is threatening or unacceptable to the society or anyone involved with the project based on the judgment of the project staff and/or the in country coordinator.
- Any information provided by you to Hair Aid Inc. during the time of enrolment is incorrect.
- You voluntarily decide to opt out of the project in between.
- If you are found taking drugs or using such material while in the project.
- If you do not observe the Code Of Conduct in your host country.
- In case the agreement is terminated due to any of the above reasons or reasons relating to the above, you will not be entitled to any refund from Hair Aid Inc.
Hair Aid Inc. has the right to cancel any placement of an enrolled volunteer before start date.
- User expressly agrees that use of Hair Aid Inc.is at user's sole risk. Neither Hair Aid Inc. its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that Hair Aid Inc. will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of Hair Aid Inc, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through Hair Aid Inc.
- Hair Aid Inc.is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
- In no event will Hair Aid Inc. or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing Hair Aid Inc. or the Regpack software/content, be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Hair Aid Inc. User hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on Hair Aid Inc
- Hair Aid Inc. does not take any direct responsibly for the use of third party online payment facility. PAYPAL will not be responsible for any malfunction in their software for online payment. All disputes arising with Credit Card fraud will Directly be dealt with your own Bank or PAYPAL (Depending on the payment method you used for Payment).
- In addition to the terms set forth above, neither Hair Aid Inc., nor its affiliates, information providers or content partners shall be liable regardless of the cause or duration, for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or other defects in, or untimeliness or inauthenticity of, the information contained within Hair Aid Inc., or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the user, or for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby. None of the foregoing parties shall be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any nature, including, but not limited to, lost profits, punitive or consequential damages. Neither Hair Aid Inc. nor its affiliates, information providers or content providers warrant or guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy or completeness of this information. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the information.
- Hair Aid Inc. does not take any responsibility of photos and documentation provided by our partners and affiliations abroad, who might supply such material to other businesses of similar nature as well. If anyone has any objection to any part of the site, will write to us formally, for us to take appropriate action.
- Hair Aid Inc. does not take any responsibility of any third party links from our site and will not be held responsible for content or service provided on those sites.
- Hair Aid Inc. does not have any affiliation or ownership or any connection with any other charity and as such the use of the Hair Aid Inc brand is prohibited as is copying content from our website, without our permission.
These Terms set out by Hair Aid Inc. shall be legally binding upon you, your family, heirs, administrators, executors and legal representatives. In accepting this document & by applying for our projects, you are not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by us other than what is set forth in these Terms.
Hair Aid Inc. will only deal with any disputes or charges in Australia and is governed by Australian Law. All copyright issues including others will only be dealt in an Australian court of Law. All disputes and cases will be solved in Australia only.